Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Hello

Wow, I have been busy this week!
Monday I went to work at 8:00 and got to doing whatever I do then I noticed it was time to head over to Camano Island. There is a new Park & Ride lot that is opening next week and we needed to have a public input meeting to see what the public wants from us. I didn't get home until 10:30 last night, then went to work at 8:00 this morning and interviewed all day. I have nothing planned for tonight so I will jot a few words and go to bed early!!
I love this time of year. I have some friends that grow corn and I get that for free, then my other friend grows asparagus and green beans. I'm getting a bunch of green beans tomorrow. I love to cook them with bacon ends and pieces and chopped onions and garlic for hours and have a huge bowl for dinner!! NUM! Some other friends have a prune tree, and I have eaten about 10 of them this afternoon. Peaches, apples, tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini! The land of plenty. We are so very fortunate to live where we live, that is for sure!!
A lavendar farm is going out of business so I got a bunch of plants and am planting them in my whiskey barrells. It will look great next year.
I have the Republican Convention on, and I don't know why. All they are, are a bunch of politicians having a big pep rally. I'm just too lazy to flip channels.
Time for the shower and bed..

Thought for the day..
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

I love it!!

No comments: