Thursday, August 19, 2004

Neighbor Kids

I went to work today and came home after 4 hours. I hurt like heck and needed more drugs. I slept on my recliner last night and it was much better waking up this morning. I will try more work again tomorrow. I have a slight fever so maybe this is just a virus that has attacked the weak spot in my back!
I came home at 1:00 today and took a pain pill and settled in for a long nap. As I was nodding off I heard a weak knock on the door. It was 4 siblings ages 5-11 that live in the trailer park, and they like to come over here and play. I have a neat yard now and I keep bubbles out there in the patio. They also like to come inside and slide on my new laminate floor with their socks on. They came in and said "wow, you keep your house clean!!" ME?!! HAHAHAHA they just lucked out that I was bored and cleaned it yesterday. Not having kids of my own I really enjoy other's kids at times. When they get on my nerves I send them on their way. They come in and ask if they could have this or that, and I say no, then they ask if they could look through my cupboards. I let them because I remember when I was a kid going to other people's houses and wanting to look through their cupboards and closets. I brought out the big Boa's & hats I crocheted last Winter and they all put them on and giggled and danced through the house. And here I am trying to nod off on my drugs. They kept saying "Hey sleepy head, and giggled"!! I just get a warm feeling when I make friends with kids like that. I called their mom and told her my phone number in case she was worried about them. She said she was worried that they would get on my nerves. I told her if they did I would send them on their way. It turns out that I am one of their grandfather's bosses! I trained him to drive a bus here. So they are really extra nice now. Well the drug wore off and I didn't get my nap. More tonight.

I recieved this today via E-mail:
So as not to be outdone by all the redneck, hillbilly and Texan jokes, you know you're from California if:
1. Your co-worker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.
2. You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.
3. You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.
4. Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Breeze.
5. You can't remember . . . . . is pot illegal?
6. You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.
7. You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown, and you can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.
8. You can't remember . . . is pot illegal?
9. A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.
10. A low speed police pursuit will interrupt ANY TV broadcast.
11. Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.
12. A man gets on the bus in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps, and you don't even notice.
13. Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing the baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney, really IS George Clooney.
14. Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
15. Your hairdresser is straight, your plumber is gay, the woman who delivers you mail is into S & M and your Mary Kay rep is a guy in drag.
16. You can't remember . . . .is pot illegal?
17. It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH."
18. You have to leave the big company meeting early because Billy Banks himself is teaching the 4:00 pm Tae Bo class.
19. You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cells or pagers.
20. It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents. . .
21. HEY!!!! Is pot illegal????
22. Both you AND your dog have therapists . . . and lastly
23. The Terminator is your governor.

Time for my meds, huh? Later, folks!!

No comments: