Monday, September 20, 2004

Great Blue Heron


Imagine my surprise when my phone rang last Summer and my 88 year old neighbor was whispering for me to look out my kitchen window! I looked out and this huge bird was staring right at me! He was about 15 feet from my window. I got all excited and ran out to my car and ran back into my kitchen and took a bunch of pictures. I have seen these birds alot but never this close to a house! He stayed there for a couple of hours then flew away.
We have Eagles here, Great Blue Herons, Canadian Geese, Mallards, Perrigrine Falcons, Hawks, Kingfisher, Coyotes, Raccoon, Red Fox, Possom, Beaver, lots of wild life! I love this Island. I wish it could stay the way it is, but I am afraid that progress will take over and we will lose the quaintness of it. It has changed so much in the past 20 years, I am afraid of what the next 20 years will bring. Oh well I'll enjoy it while I can.

Thought for the day:
If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

No comments: