Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Autumn is here

I know we all have posted about the season changing, but today seems to be one of those wonderful Fall days! It is 53 degrees, breezy and raining! It seems gloomy and it is only 5:30.
I LOVE this weather!! I like to sit in a cozy house and crochet listening to the rain hit my metal roof.

I have a pet door in my kitchen and my cat "Punkin" that I have had for 4 years has just discovered it!!
She thinks she is so smart!! I was in the kitchen the other night when it was raining, and heard a tap tap. I looked around and shrugged my shouldders. I heard it again and looked at the pet door and saw a white paw sticking through! I have a board that blocks the door from being used, but it doesn't cover it completely. I lifted the board and she came in!! I watched her, and she would leave going out the front door but enter using the pet door.
Well ok, that is fine. If I leave her out by mistake she can get in through the pet door. I was in bed the night before last and felt Punkin jump on the bed around 4:00AM. I reached down to pet her and she was soaking wet!! Well I know for a fact that she doesn't go swimming in the toilet, so it only means one thing!!! She discovered how to go OUT the door too!! Well I blocked it today. I don't want her outside in the middle of the night to be taken by a night owl. I let her go in and out while I am here, but I keep her in while I am away or at night.

I am off tomorrow to go to the doctor in Bellingham and find out what is wrong with my back.
Hopefully he can tell me how to miracuously fix it so I won't be disabled in my senior years!
I'm afraid I know what he will tell me, but we'll see.
Until tomorrow.....

Thought for the day:
Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.
Go for someone who makes you smile,because it takes only a smile tomake a dark day seem bright.
Find the one that makes your heart smile.

A day like this brings me back to my childhood before I went to school. Mom would send Mary Lou off to school and mom and I would have cinnamin toast and tea! She would make some tea and put cream and sugar in it and a cinnamin stick to sip it through. Then she would make the toast in the oven. Toast one side of the toast under the broiler then flip it over and spread butter on it and sprinkle sugar on the butter and shake cinnamin on the sugar then put it back in the broiler until it bubbles. Ahhhhh!
What are your comfort food memories?
(and why do we associate things with food)?

No comments: