Saturday, September 18, 2004

DOH!!

Well go figure!!
I very seldom have a TV show that I watch weekly. I used to love to watch "North of 60" on the Canadian Channel but they took that off. Now "Third Watch" and "ER" are my favorites.

Friday night is my night that I go to AA meetings and then shop and come home around 11:00PM.
Third Watch used to be on Monday nights, but last year they changed it to Friday nights at 10:00PM.
Well ok, I would rush home and get home just in time to watch the show. Now this season they decided to put Third Watch on at 9:00PM!! That is not good!! Ok, I have a new VCR/DVD player so I can tape it. Sure, how the heck do you work it? I got it to record, but don't know how to set it up, so I turned to the channel and pressed record and left. I figure I can fast forward to the place where Third Watch comes on.

I got home around 11:00 and when I got home the tv was off, the VCR tape was ejected and rewound!! HUH??? What's with that? I put the tape in and pushed play, and nothing but snow came on!! Well heck, that isn't good!! I missed the season opening!! I started to cry and throw a fit but decided I will just forget it and sleep on it and tomorrow I will try again. I went to bed and first thing this morning I tried playing the tape, and again nothing but snow!! I don't understand, I was testing it last night and it worked then. I taped about 5 minutes then rewound it and played it back and it worked. Why doesn't it work now? I got the manual and it said to press menu and follow the prompts. I pressed menu and nothing happened!! WHAT??!! I just hate feeling helpless!! I read...pushed buttons...read...pushed buttons...then decided to wait until someone comes over to help me. My sister-in-law came over and she tried to see what was wrong and she couldn't figure it out either. I was ready to pack it up and return the contraption! I got a different tape to see if it was able to play, and it didn't either. Sherri said it should be on channel 3 to play a tape. DOH!!!! I switched to channel 3 and sure enough the menu button worked, and the tape worked!! HOOORAY!! Now I can sit and watch the season opening!!

I got my coffee and sat down all ready to watch it, and fast forwarded through Evening Magazine & Dateline, up to Third Watch. In the opening they showed what happened last season in the closing episode and a gunman came into the ER where the cops were and opened up with machine gun fire and when the shooting subsided one of the cops started screaming and holding her friend who I couldn't see who it was, then the tape stopped!!!!!!! WWWHHHHHHAAAAATTTTT????!!!!!
It only taped two hours????? Now I have NO IDEA WHO WAS SHOT OR WHAT HAPPENED!!
WHHAAAAAAAA!!!

I now know how to set up the VCR and programmed it to tape from 9-11 every Friday night, and I programmed the VCR to SLP speed. Is that the speed I want for 6 hours?

It isn't the end of the world, but it sure made a crappy Friday night!!
I didn't drink over it, although it sure would've been a good night for it!!

Thought for the day...
I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks,
so I wondered what do................Chinese mothers use? Toothpicks?

No comments: