Friday, March 24, 2006

Hannah out to Dinner!



Last night I took Hannah to dinner. She practically begged me because her son is coming here for a month or so and he will starve her. He thinks she's too fat, and wants her to eat salad, and fruit. She's 90 years old for goodness sake...LET HER EAT!! When we were going there, she was enjoying the view from the bus window. We went down West Beach Road that overlooks Puget Sound. At night you can see the lights from Victoria 33 miles away.
She ordered clam chowder, steamed mussells, and Shrimp Scampi with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus and zucchini. She ate most everything but the veggies.
She was really enjoying looking out the window at the dock and the whale watching boat. I said "Hey, lets go get on that boat". She just laughed. She said she thinks she has died and gone to Heaven! That was a great two hours!

Tonight I went to band practice and they said I'm good to go for Sunday morning! It is fun! I don't know if I'm any good, but they said I was doing just fine.
After practice was AA, then I stopped at Albertson's for a few items. I filled up my water jugs for drinking water at home and the machine cheated me out of 20 cents, so I just told the cashier. I told her it wasn't a big deal to me, but to be aware for the next sucker. She rang up my items, and I had a 24 bottle case of mountain spring water on sale for $5.99, regular $1.00 each bottle, so it was a great bargain saving $18.00!! When the gal rang up the case it rang the regular price then it gave me a $4.99 savings, charging me only $1.00 for the entire case.
I told her that wasn't right, so she re-rang the item. Again it gave me a $4.99 saving. she called the manager, and the manager did something to the the main computer and then said it will ring up the correct price. Well it didn't, so the gal told me to take it at that price. I felt weird doing that, but we tried to pay the regular price three times!
Well I get home and unloaded my car and noticed I didn't have my kitty litter!! It was $7.99!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Well I guess I didn't come out ahead after all!!
Yes, I will go back tomorrow with my receipt and tell them the story hoping to get my kitty litter and let them know about the error in the water pricing.
Whew!! It is hard trying to be honest!!

Opportunity may knock once,
but temptation bangs on your front door forever.