Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Spice Cabinet

I have no idea why I was inspired to clean out my spice cabinet, but last night I jumped up and did it!! Now what is the shelf life of the spices? I think I had some that were at least 20 years old!! What is tumeric??? And I wonder why I had 3 jars basil leaves?? I don't cook Italian and I have 2 of each of weird Italian seasonings! Cream of tartar=2. I think I buy pumpkin pie spice each year and use 1 tsp of it! Jamaican Jerk seasoning??? I don't even like the name of it!! I don't ever remember using that. And what I have glycerine for is beyond me!! Well I cleaned and tossed!!! I now have a cleaned out and pretty much updated spice cupboard!! Mary Lou, please do not let me buy any resataurant sized seaonings from Costco anymore!! Especially the Italian kind!! So what does your Spice cupboard look like?
Have a great day!!
>^..^< Phyllis >^..^<