Sunday, April 25, 2004

Amazing stuff

Today is beautiful, sunny and expected to get to 75 degrees today. I will enjoy it playing in my new backyard!! I have nothing to blog, but would like to share these tidbits I received via email:

Who figures all this out???? (And on who's payroll??!!)

*If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it.)

*If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is
produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb. (Hey, Mary Lou!!)

*The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet. (O.M.G.!)

*A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. (In my next life, I want to be a pig.)

*A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to
death. (Creepy.)

(I'm still not over the pig.)

*Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
(Do not try this at home...... No, Mary Lou!!)

*The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to
its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head! off.
("Honey, I'm home. What the....?!")

*The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field. (30 minutes... lucky pig... can you imagine??)

*The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds. (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

*Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
(I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)

*Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I always wanted to know.)

*The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. (Hmmmmm)

*Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer
than left-handed people. (If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

*Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump. (OK, so that would be a good thing....)

*A cat's urine glows under a black light. (I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

*An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that.)

*Starfish have no brains. (I know some people like that too.)

*Polar bears are left-handed. (How the heck do they know??)

*Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure. (What about that pig??)

Have a great Sunday!!