Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday!!

Whew, this was a long busy week! My first after vacation, so I was busy catching up.
I had to go to Mount Vernon then Camano Island today (125 miles round trip).
As I left Coupeville I noticed a huge thick fog bank hanging around the water by Ebey's Landing.
I love the way the sun was shining on the cut fields then the tree tops sticking out of the fog.
As I was going over Deception Pass Bridge I had to snap a photo of the trees growing out of the rocks! It just amazes me that big strong trees can grow out of solid rock, and the plants I try to grow all die! What's with that?
I had to stop after I drove over the bridge and take a picture. It isn't as good as some I've seen, but it shows the bridge and then the fog. Half the bridge was gone, and 200 feet below is the deadly water. It looks spooky like this. Stephen King would have a hey day writing about this Island! I called Dick & my sis to tell them to grab their cameras and head for the Bridge. Dick was busy at home in Mt. Vernon doing his homework, and My sis wasn't home. I found out later she was out taking pictures of the fog!!
This last picture is me driving into the fog on the bridge.
Well when you are at a loss of words for a blog, pictures work well. I never tire of taking pictures!
I have another busy weekend ahead of me so I must try to get a little sleep!
Enjoy the weekend!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax
and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein