Sunday, September 03, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

I had a wonderfully full weekend!
Saturday I went to a Birthday potluck with my Church friends. Man I have never seen such FOOD!! Great ribs, Italian sausages, burritos, salads, potatoes, cake. BURP!


I left that potluck and went to my neighbor's 90th birthday party with her family!
Check out the fancy cake!! Well she actually had a homemade peach pie, homemade apple pie, homemade ice cream sandwiches, and fresh brewed coffee.

The gals gathered around for a picture,

Then the guys all gathered around for a photo!
Hmmm, her smile seems much bigger with her men! Oh how she loves her men!

I came home and two close friends came over and we all chatted for the rest of the night, then we went to my friend Debbies beach house.
Today I went to Church early, then a bunch of us gals went to brunch at the Chiefs Club, then I came home for a nap. I woke up at 6:30, and noticed clouds had crept in and the sun was beginning to set. I jumped in my car and drove to the beach to capture God's Beauty!
There are alot of forest fires in the State here and that makes for an awesome sunset.

I sat on the beach and watched the big orange orb fall slowly to the ocean, and as it disappeared into the water it was so quiet you could almost hear it sizzle, and I said "...and that was the last we all saw the sun for 20 years..." a couple on the beach looked over at me like I was weird! HMPPF! Must be Californians! hehehehe

I turned to leave the beach and saw these clouds. I was surrounded by beauty! I feel sorry for people in Kansas that have no idea what they are missing here.

GOD is good!

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire,
but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?