Saturday, September 02, 2006


I stayed home from work today.
I have been feeling kinda weird this week, and couldn't sleep last night until about 4 this morning. I woke up at 6:30 and called the office to say I was sleeping in. I went back to sleep and my sis woke me up at 8:30. I got up and was getting dressed and decided I was staying home. I just couldn't get moving. Soon as I called in, I couldn't go back to sleep so I started putzing. I decided I have a "rabbit trail mind". I start to do something and then see something else and go for that and by the end of the day I am exhausted and see I didn't do what I started out to do. Well today was one of those days. I did get my computer fixed though. It was so S-L-O-W since I moved it to the spare room. I called tech support and they said I am on DSL but it seems slow to them too. (Now how can they tell?????) that scares me. I asked the guy if I needed to get dressed. He kinda chuckled and said no. (Well that serves him right if he could see me any way)! HEHEHEHE
He decided he was going to send a repair person to check out my house and connections. Well after that I found a different telephone cord and decided to try that instead of the old one I had hooked up. Well that wasn't an easy chore! I had my brother come over the other day and drill a hole in the wall from my bedroom to the spare room so I could run the cord through and hook up to my computer instead of installing a rather expensive outlet.
HAHAHAHA That took all morning.
I had to get on the floor next to my bed to feed the new cord through then try to get up! HA! That took a few grunts and moans. Then I went to the other room and squeezed behind my rolling shelves to get to the cord and when I bent over I was stuck between the wall and the shelf, head down. Hmmmppff! I jiggled my way out of that and saw that the cord never came through. It was fed into the wall space! Sooooo, I decided to get my long forceps (don't ask) and stick them into the wall to try to get the cord.
After about four times going from room to room, I finally got the cord fed through and everything hooked up and put back together!! WHEW!!
I worked up a sweat which is good because I had a bit of a fever.
My computer is working just fine now. I guess the cord was bad. Hmmm. The repair guy called and I told him what I did and he said great. I felt so smart for getting it all done without crying or throwing a fit, in fact I was giggling alot thinking about how I must look. Thank God for Zoloft!!
I went to my Praise team practice tonight and we played 4 great tunes and then I got to my AA meeting. I went shopping and got home at 10:30.
All the time I was out I kept tugging at my T-shirt. It felt like it was creeping up and choking me. Well no wonder.......I had it on backwards!!! DOH!
And how was your Friday?

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail
instead of his tongue.