Tuesday, September 05, 2006

September fog


I love this time of year. The mornings are cool and the afternoons are hot, but just over at the beach is this fog bank creeping in to take over! It sneaks away then rolls back in teasing us. I took this picture up on the hill by the cemetery today at noon. The old beat up tree trunks help make the scene look eerie. The Winter winds howl through the Prairie here. Just around the bend is Admiralty Inlet where some of the strongest Winter Storms barrel in from the Ocean, whipping through the Prairie then pounding at my house. I just love to lay in bed and listen to the storms hit the side of my house. My bed is right at the window that overlooks the prairie where the winds come. The rains pounding at my window while I am snuggled in my down blanket reading a book, listening to the police scanner calling out those poor firemen to go out and clear a road from downed trees! hehehehe that was me about 5 years ago!! I miss it, but not too much! I am too old, fat and decrepit any more. I'll just drive the bus to move people when I am called.

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us?
I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul --
chicken, pork, half a cow.
They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
-Anne Tyler