Monday, January 02, 2006

New Years Day


Well this is about how I feel. I didn't party New Years Eve, but I am exhausted from the whole Christmas thing.
Time to relax and get back to healthy eating and early to bed.
I am starting my small group all over on step one this month.
Step One:
We admitted we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable.
I have 18 and 1/2 years sober, but I continually work the steps. I work them now with my health. I am powerless over my Diabetes and aging, so I replace the word alcohol with Diabetes.
I have to remind myself daily that I am an alcoholic and that I have Diabetes. If I forget I will eat the wriong things and end up back on insulin which I refuse to do!!
I have been helping a few new people in the AA program so starting all over again will help them too. Twelve months...Twelve steps.

Well I better get stepping and get ready to return to work tomorrow!!

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.