Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm one tired kitty!!

My neighbor is 89 years old and lives alone. She has lived next door to me for about 15 years, and is like a mother to me. She talks with a New York accent and just loves to get in lively arguments.....er debates. She is a real sweety most of the time. Her daughter lives in town about two miles away. I went to bed about 9:30 Monday night and fell asleep about 10:00. The phone rang about 11:30 and it was my neighbor. She was concerned about her blood pressure so she called me. I have a blood pressure cuff that I let her use that fits on your wrist and is easy to take. The doctor has been monitoring her pressure for the past week, so I told her to keep the cuff for awhile. I was concerned that she called me so I ran over there in my nightgown and coat. She was talking so very melodramatic, and shaking like a leaf as soon as I got near to her. I reassured her and told her to give me her symptoms, and I took her vitals again. They were down from when she took it. She was still very concerned and said she has a heavy chest. Well that did it, so I called her daughter and told her I was calling the ambulance if she wanted me to. Her daughter came over in 5 minutes and got her to the hospital. I went back to bed about 1:00am. I woke up at 6:30 exhausted so called into work and said I was taking a vacation day and went back to sleep. She called again about 7:30 in the morning (bless her heart) and told me she was fine, that the doctor said it was because she quit taking her high blood pressure pills!! I said "you didn't tell me you quit taking your high blood pressure pills" she said back sheepishly, "I didn't? oh." Ah well. It is a good feeling knowing my neighbor thinks highly of me to call me first instead of 911 or her daughter. It is worth not having a good night's sleep once in awhile. I just pray someone 30 years younger than me moves in when my neighbor dies so she can take care of me!! hehehehe My poor neighbor has thought she has been dying since she hit her 80th birthday!! I just laugh at her now. I love her, and she loves me.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again,
it wasprobably worth it.