Saturday, July 09, 2005

Catnip Anonymous anyone?


So while I am at my AA meeting, my cat is rolling in her catnip! Hmmmpppff!

We had a speaker tonight from Wichita Falls Texas. She is in her 70's and has been sober nearly 26 years. I loved listening to her talk. She has a nice drawl and she has such grace. A real lady! It was hard to imagine her drinking until she puked all over herself, which she did at times in her youth. She talked about when she was in the Air Force and then how she found sobriety. I sponsor her sister which found sobriety a year and a half ago. It is never too late, folks! But it was too late for a young gal that the lady sponsored earlier this year. The young gal went back out drinking and got into drugs and they found her dead. How very sad, and helpless the friends and family feel when that happens. Alcohol/drug addiction is deadly. I was one of the lucky ones that found sobriety when I did!

So I come home and find my cat all drugged out on her catnip. I need to talk with her!!

Rhyme for today:

MARY had a little pig
She kept it fat and plastered;
And when the price of pork went up,
She shot the little bastard.