Saturday, October 01, 2005

Busy Saturday

I was supposed to go to a conference today in Burlington for my Church but I stayed home from work yesterday with a bad cold. I still felt ill today so decided to stay home and relax! What a concept for a Saturday! My phone rang at 9:00 and woke me up, so I got up and stripped the bed and started my laundry. I then went to check my mail and go to the Nursery to buy a Lavender plant for my boss. Her mom died this week and I thought a nice plant with a pleasant aroma would be a good thing. She lives in the country so a rose bush is out because the deer would eat it.
Lavender Plant

When I gave her the plant she said that is her mom's favorite of all things! She always bought her mom lavender perfume, candles, whatever smelled like lavender. That was a good choice! Her mom was from England, and such a nice lady. She will be missed.
While I was there I took a picture of her Maine Coon cat. He is beautiful! And quite the ham for the photographer!

My Boss's Maine Coon cat

And speaking of ham!! Here are two of the kids hamming it up with me!

Kids having fun

I then went into Oak harbor to do some shopping and to fill up my water jugs, then went to city beach for a Baptism of two members of our Church. It was a touching moment. They both have come from troubled pasts, and decided to give their lives to the Lord! I have seen such a great transformation in these two in the months we have known each other!
Baptism

I left Oak Harbor about 5:15 and saw this pretty Rainbow on the way home.
Rainbow

It is now 11:00 and I am pooped and ready for bed!

I think that is a rather busy day for "staying home and doing nothing"!!

Oh well tomorrow is Church and then I can relax after I take my friend home and visit Hannah and get the laundry done!

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt