Friday, October 07, 2005

Harvest Fest This Weekend



Al & Nancy



October brings on the Harvest Fest and strange sightings in Coupeville.
We have a scarecrow contest every year and the town is usually lined up with scarey statues. My friend that grows the corn for me has a great structure in his yard each year. This year he outdid himself I think. This is a crow with a ghost in his mouth! er....beak!
I am on day two of my 18 day vacation. I am planning nothing but day trips here and there. Tuesday my sister, brother and I are going over the mountains for fresh apples. Today I did nothing but laundry. Oh, I went over to Maria's house for fresh chili rejellanos and mexican rice. (the real stuff, folks, not american made).
She is making tamales again next week. hehehehe
I'm not talkative right now so just wanted to post a picture of the crow.
Have a great weekend!

"We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.