Friday, June 03, 2005

Bus on Parade


WHEW! This week flew right on by! I am getting heckled to post again. snicker..snicker.
I really don't have a whole lot to say. We had our big Memorial Day Parade last Saturday and decorated the bus all patriotic like and had it in the parade. A gal from our Citizens Advisory Committee would get out of the bus when there was a pause in the parade and throw her arms up and bow down to the bus, and the driver would "kneel" the bus for her. I guess the crowd really liked that. The buses kneel for passengers in the rural areas because the step is really high to step up on from the ground. Buses are designed for city traffic and picking passengers up from the sidewalk and a 4" curb.
I've been busy all week training 4 new Operators for driving these 35' buses. It takes about 2 months to train people and get them on the road. (about 300 hours of training). Then I get back in the office to do my "regular "work that nobody does for me when I'm out for 6 hours a day training.
Wednesday night I went to our Bible study and our new Pastor visited the group and we all had a nice 2 hour chat and prayers with him. I think we all are more than satisfied with him.
As far as the drum...It will take me about a month or so of practice before I can get up and play it for Church. But at least I bought one. Now I have to learn it. hehehehe that's how my mind works.
Well I need to get back to work and debrief one of the newer drivers after his shift and then run to my much needed AA meeting!! Then home to soak in a hot bath in my Jetta tub! Ahhhhh, calgon take me away!

A COWBOY'S GUIDE TO LIFE:
Words that soak into your ears are whispered ... not yelled.