Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Look What I Bought!


One thing I love about my Church is the Praise Team. We play great uplifting music. Since we started our branch in Coupeville, our team is lacking ooomph! The team in Oak Harbor has a lady about my age playing the Conga Drum and she throws herself into it! I just love watching her. Well I am going to learn how to play the drum and join our team! My brother plays guitar at his Church so I will ask him if I can jam with him. Not that I don't have enough to do in my spare time!

It just popped in my head today. I was at the Christian Store buying a wedding card for a couple I am witnessing for and the music store was next door, and this drum just happened to be on sale! So $162.45 later, I am outside with my drum feeling like a teenager! Maynard G. Krebbs (Gilligan's Island later) was one of my favorite people in the early 60's on Dobie Gillis. He played the bongo drums. I guess he was a beatnik before hippies.

Well time to fix my hair. I am going to witness a friend from work getting married.
Y'all have a great day!

A COWBOY'S GUIDE TO LIFE:
* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin'
somebody else's dog around.