Monday, June 06, 2005

Roses are Blooming


I love this time of year when the plants that were planted and roses that were pruned in early Spring is blooming. This is a picture from a friends yard, but mine are blooming too. I'm just too lazy to go out there this morning and take a picture.

Saturday I ran some errands in Oak Harbor and took Hannah a "Mocha Moolatte" from Dairy Queen. You'd think she died and went to Heaven! She just loves surprise visits with any kind of food! The Nursing home is so depressing all she does is watch television and lay in bed.

After visiting with her I decided to pop in and visit a new gal (40 days sober) I am sponsoring in AA. I kinda knew where she lived so wanted to see for myself. I very seldom "pop in" to visit people, I like to give warning. The poor gal was a nervous wreck. Her house was cluttered, but didn't look bad to me. She was talking a mile a minute and was fidgety. I gave her a hug and left. Yesterday she called me and said she drank on Saturday. She said she had ONE SIP and heard my knock!! After I left she finished the bottle. I told her I didn't smell anything but I had a suspicion because of her behaviour and she couldn't look me in the eyes. I told her that most people don't get it at first and will relapse a few times before they decide that sobriety is what they want. She was fine, and says she really wants sobriety, but that she is bogged down with personal problems and over worked, and she wanted a drink. I told her that she used to reward herself and look forward to coming home to her drinks and it is hard to break the habits. I told her to replace the "drink" with a cup of Cammomille tea instead. Bless her heart, she now has the "Fear of Phyllis" in her. She thinks that I have ESP and will "pop in " whenever she starts to have a drink from now on!! HAHAHAHA I didn't tell her any different, if that is what it takes!! But actually I have no idea why I went there. I just had a strong feeling to go visit her. Hmmmmmmm.

I am sure grateful that I got it the first time and have never relapsed! GOD willing, in 15 days I will celebrate 18 years of continuous sobrietry!
Hope everyone has a great Monday! The worst is over....the Monday alarm!!

" We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads."