Sunday, October 03, 2004

I feel much better!

I think I conquered whatever virus invaded my body Thursday!
I slept most of the weekend waking up this morning around 11:30!!
I HATE being out of sorts!
I am cleaning my house in very short energy bursts, but it is getting done.
I found some butterscotch chips so I am making oatmeal scotchies! I am using Splenda instead of regular sugar, but the rest is the bad stuff, like the butterscotch chips and the brown sugar, but I am cutting whenever I can. I found some ice cream to scream about! "Dreyers carb benefit" Vanilla bean made with Splenda. It says that "sensitive individuals may experience a laxative effect from excess consumption of this ingredient!". So hey! What a bonus! eat it, then get rid of it without having to purge!! What a concept!!

Mt St Helens is still shaking. I cannot help but think that history is repeating itself.
In 1980 the mountain started rumbling in March, it made a big steam burst in April and the scientists were warning everyone to stay away. Nothing happened so people started returning to the mountain. On May 18th it blew it's top and killed 57 people including a crusty ole character (Harry Truman) that refused to leave his Spirit Lake Lodge with his 16 cats. All that went up in ashes in a matter of seconds!

I pray it doesn't happen like that again. We are safe here where we are, but the ash would be spread across the countryside.

We said goodbye to Gar last night at the Mariners game. Edgar Martinez is a true Mariner and stayed here even when other offers of more money came his way. Thank you Gar for a great ride!! Because of you I am a Mariners fan! We are a classy bunch, even though we don't win every time! It's the classy way we play the game!! Farewell Gar!

More Things Stressed Women at Work Might Say:
...This isn't an office. It's hell with fluorescent lighting.
...I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.
...Therapy is expensive. Popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.

No comments: