Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Al & Nancy's

My friends that grow the corn Mary Lou & I rave about made this yard ornament for Halloween.
He is really talented, isn't he? He said he will help us next year make a display for Island Transit!

Hope everyone's day went well. I had a really busy day at work again and am going to bed tonight around 9:00. We have the monthly potluck tomorrow at work so I am taking the leftover Tamale Pie. Shhhh, they'll never know!! I'll just put it in a smaller dish, add more cheese and heat it up!! It is better a few days later anyway!

Someone asked for the recipe so here it is:


Tamale Pie
2 cans Hormel Beef Tamales
2 cans Hormel chili without beans
1 large can cream corn
1 can small black olives (squeeze them to break them up)
4 cups grated Colby/Jack cheese (reserve 1 cup) or use cheddar…whatever you like. (or more)
¾ cup cornmeal

Cut the tamales into bite size pieces discarding the papers. Dump the sauce from the can into the bowl. Dump everything else into the bowl except the reserved cup of cheese. Pour into a big glass or stainless bowl and stir well. Top off with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 degree oven for about an hour. Best if eaten warmed over or let stand awhile. Good for picnic, camping or potlucks. (huh, George?)

You can add whatever you like. I use diced green chili’s sometimes. I like to top it off with sour cream on my plate.

So there you have it folks!! Such a hard thing to make, huh? hehehehe

Well tomorrow is hump day already!! YAHOOO

Q: What kind of witches play croquet?
A: Wicket witches.

No comments: