Saturday, October 02, 2004

Blue Moon Ahead

Thar she Blows!!

I subscribe to Space Weather News and it alerts me of upcoming Northern Lights and other space news. I recieved this today!!
Pretty cool!! And it is clear skies today!!
No sleep for me tonight!!

Space Weather News for Oct. 2, 2004
http://spaceweather.com
VENUS AND REGULUS: Prepare to wake up early: Just before sunrise onSunday, Oct. 3rd, the planet Venus and the bright star Regulus will bebeautifully close together in the eastern sky--only 1/5 of one degreeapart. It's a real treat for early risers.

BLUE MOON ALERT: Mount St. Helens in Washington is spewing ash and steam,and scientists say a bigger eruption could happen soon. (Real soon!! It just burped again!) This means skywatchers in western North America should be alert for blue moons in the weeks ahead. Airborne particles from volcanoes can act like a color-filter, shading the moon (or even the sun) blue. Follow the links at spaceweather.com for more information.

SOLAR ACTIVITY: For the second straight week, solar activity remains low.Bright auroras are unlikely in the nights ahead.

More Things Stressed Women at Work Might Say:
...Well, aren't we a damn ray of sunshine?
...Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after.
...Do I look like a people person?

No comments: