Monday, October 04, 2004

3 Hours later It rolls on in....

It is smelling and feeling like October now! The fog has been rolling in every night now and my imagination gets away with me making up ghost stories. That is really easy to do because this Prairie has a lot of history. In 1857 1 ½ miles away from my house on the beach Col. Isaac Ebey was beheaded by the Renegade Indians from Vancouver Island. The Indians on the Island here were friendly, but those Vancouver Island Indians were the mean ones. Look out, vegasbaby!

They sell pumpkins over there where the trees are. I'll take pictures of them later.
I drove into Anacortes (38 miles away) this morning in fog so thick you could hardly see the pavement. Luckily I know the roads really well. I also keep a sharp well awake eye on the center line looking for any wheels coming my way!
After my appointment I drove on to time a new possible Route for the bus.
That was good for timing, as it was in real time in the fog. I don't like to time them too tight, as the buses would run late at times, and if you time them too loose, the buses would have to stop to make up time.
That is one of the fun part of my job.
At 10:00 this morning the mountain belched again. It was not the big one they are waiting for. That might come weeks later. Mary Lou and I will keep you informed.
Stupid "lookie loo's" are driving up to the mountain to get as close as they can, and even going through places that are off limits! I think they should ticket each and every one of those guys.

More Things Stressed Women at Work Might Say:
....Why don't you try practicing random acts of intelligence and senseless acts of self-control?
....I'm not crazy. I've been in a very bad mood for 30 years.
....Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.

No comments: