Wednesday, November 15, 2006

WHEW!!

Whew!! We made it!!
I woke up at 2:45 this morning with gale force winds then the power went out! I got up and my head was spinning, so I lay back down then realized that the head/chest cold I have been avoiding caught up with me!! I Decided to call work and tell them I was sick, then I went to the living room and sat in my recliner all bundled up in my goosedown throw and a beautiful new afghan that my sister made for me, one cat on my lap and one cat on my chest, a cup of theraflu and my crocheting. That is what I did all day in between naps. I am prepared for days like this. I have a one burner propane stove that I heated up water, then perked a pot of coffee in my stainless steel coffee pot, then heated up some homemade chicken soup and made a grilled cheese. Ahhhh. A few friends and my sis actually called me to see if I was ok and asked if they could get me anything. hehehehe When I tried to use the little burner, it wouldn't give out much heat, but then I remembered a guy at my campground telling me they get clogged up with the propane after sitting for awhile, so I took it apart and washed it in hot soapy water, and it works like new now!!
A neighbor came over and I went to the bathroom and she yelled DON'T FLUSH!! Save the water for when you need it!! I said WHAT??? She said the power is out and so is the well pump. I then told her we were on city water here. The look on her face was priceless. I'm sure as soon as she got home she flushed, then took a hot shower!!
Well time to get some more rest. I do have to work tomorrow sick or not!!
I hear we are getting another big storm this weekend. Thanksgiving is usually when we get the big storms.....hmmmm, I wonder...!

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
I bet you just hummed the two songs above! (I did)