Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Flood '06

I went to Mount Vernon today for a meeting with the transportation folks, and was one of the last vehicles allowed to cross the bridge before they closed it. There is flooding all over the State from the record rains that fell and is still falling.
I took a few photos as I was driving over, as they would not let us stop on the bridge of course.
You can't see much, but the water you see is on the West side of the bridge where a park is under water. The water was about a foot from the concrete that is the parking area for downtown Mount Vernon. There were plenty of sandbags piled everywhere, in the business doorways, and by the concrete.

I don't know if it will flood or not, but it sure is close to hurting some businesses! I was at a meeting tonight and saw some lightning and heard some thunder. My sis says it hailed. (she knows, 'cause she slipped in it. Fell down, went boom)!

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?