Tuesday, November 28, 2006

November Snow!

We got snow yesterday!! It snowed Sunday a bit, but Monday morning it started again!! I was out at 5:00am checking the roads before the busses got out in it. About 7:00am it was a whiteout in places! It snowed alot during the day, so we cancelled some routes and I shuttled a few people to places where the busses couldn't go. We finally got all the busses in, and finished out the night with vans that had studded snow tires on them. I was sitting in my office at work and I heard a big crackle sound, then a big bang. It was a huge branch falling off the tree in the yard. There were alot of trees down on the south end of the island and people were without power. As you can see in the photo below there are alot of trees heavy with snow and ice that are leaning on wires, so I am ready for the power to go out at any time.
My office building with old growth trees hanging over the roof. One big branch fell on the roof and scared us all.
here are more photos of the area around where I live. All taken within two miles from my house.
Mount Baker in all her glory in the background of Ebey's Prairie.
Snow on Ebey's Beach. A rare sight indeed!
Ebey's Landing. Well I must prepare for the day ahead tomorrow. We might end up with yet another day of snow tomorrow night or Thursday!!
YIPPEEEEEE!!
Oh, and it is 18 degrees at my house right now at 5pm!! BRRRRRRRRR

"My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said,
'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim!' "~ Paula Poundstone