Saturday, February 11, 2006

When the sun comes out in February we have a beautiful day up here. After all those months of snow in the mountains, (That is Mount Baker) the air is clear and the mountains are showing all their glory! I cannot imagine living somewhere where there are no mountains or salt water.
Mount Baker has a 200 inch base this year. I have some friends that just got back from snow camping up there! They are absolutely crazy, that is why I love them! I camp up there in May for a week. I might do that again this year, maybe not. It is about an 80 mile drive to get there.
Oak Harbor is just around the point there. Those floats you see are the mussell rafts. I posted about them earlier. They have long ropes hanging under the rafts and blue shelled muscles grow on them and they harvest them and sell them. I love them steamed and dipped in garlic butter. NUMMY!! Or in with clam chowder. I am going to bed. I had a busy but fun day. I just had to post and get rid of that creepy catman post.

If people from Poland are called Poles,
why aren't people from Holland called Holes?