Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Morning After


I love a good storm every once in awhile, and to have a good one on my birthday...well I had a GREAT time!!
The winds came up around 2:00am and I stayed up for awhile then turned everything off and went to bed. The power went out at 10:00am. I was still in bed and my CPAP machine went off so I woke up gasping for air! A CPAP machine has a mask that fits over your nose and forces air through a hose to the mask that keeps your airway open during the night. My airway gets lazy and colapses during my sleep which makes me quit breathing for 20 seconds at a time during the night. I have used the machine for 5 years now and can't sleep without it. I actually wake up feeling like I've had a good night's sleep for once. So when the power goes out I know right away!!
I got up and brushed my teeth and fed the cats and sat there wondering what to do, as I get bored so easily. I have plenty of food and water, so I don't need to worry about that.
I sat and did some crocheting, then my sister stopped by with a card and gift then she left to go home and build a fire. When she got home she called me to brag about her having power. My power was still off, so about 4:00pm I was hungry and wanted some warm food. My friend Deb called and told me to meet her at our friend Sadie's house so she could shower, then we will go to dinner. Well she finally got finished around 6:00pm and we headed out to find a place. We tried 6 places and they were all packed with a waiting line out the doors, so we decided it was hamburgers! We got some burgers at Dairy Queen and I left to go home. I was still hungry so I stopped at Papa John's and got a small pizza and went home and ate the toppings and threw the crust away. I was stuffed! I took a hot bath and got my lanterns and shut the house and went to bed. I hooked up my CPAP machine to the converter and battery pack I bought for camping, set the lantern in the window and settled in with lots of covers on me and two cats next to me for warmth, got my book and opened it up and the power came on!! It was 10:00pm. So, I got up and turned on the news and did some blogging and went to bed about 2:00am.
I went to Church this morning and the Praise team played some good old Gospel music! It pumped us all up, and we even sang Amazing Grace!!
After the uplifting sermon I drove around in the BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE and took a few pictutres. The blockhouse up above was built in 1855 and was used for protection against the mean Indians from Vancouver Island (sorry to my Canadian friends). I love the way they cut the logs into Lincoln logs and put the buildings together!


Now I am getting ready for the next week of work and cooking the meals and doing my chores. I am actually gonna try to watch the Super Bowl only because the Seahwaks are playing and the entire area here is all pumped up for the game. I want to be able to say I actually watched the history making game when the Seahawks won the Superbowl!! I even painted my fingernails their colors.




GO SEAHAWKS!!
Actually, may the best team win, and whover does, it was a fun season!

There are three religious truths:
Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store or at Hooters.