Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Mount Rainier



Our Winter mornings can be awesome. This is a picture of Mount Rainier at 7:25am this week. After a good rain or snow the air is so clean you can see Mount Rainier (Another Volcano) 150 miles away!! It is supposed to get really cold this week here. 20 miles south of us got 4" of snow last night. We just got a little hail, that's all. It is 35 degrees now, but going to get into the low 20's possibly colder. Thursday might bring a little snow. We'll see. The Northeast got dumped on!! I was in Connecticut in 1978 when "Blizzard Larry" dumped 2 feet of snow on us. It was really exciting to watch, when I went to bed it was about 8" deep, when I woke up the next morning the entire back of the house was covered in snow!! We were buried! I went to the front and it was only two feet. I never knew drifts could do that! I LOVED it!! Governor Grasso told us on television that the State was closed, and for everyone to stay home. Well where in the heck were we going with two feet of snow on the roads?? DOH!

I came home from work today and found this on my porch:

My Mexican Friends Karen and Karim gave me this big beautiful Valentine!! My heart burst with love when they showed it to me!!
I drove home and as I drove through the court I saw them and waved. They came running lickity split to my house and made sure I saw the surprise!! The looks on their faces was priceless. Karim is about 9 and Karen is about 7. Yes, they are Chris's cousins. I have been adopted and I LOVE it!!
I used to feel sorry for myself that I never had kids or grandkids, but heck, they sure fill the void for me!!
My 90 year old friend Hannah gave me these for my birthday:

Am I spoiled or what? Life is goooood!! I never dreamed my life would be this good in my younger years. I certainly feel God's Grace. I certainly do. AMEN!!

God is like...
TIDE
He gets the stains out that others leave behind.