Thursday, February 16, 2006

Soakin' up the sunbeams!


I stayed home today because I was 'sick in my muscles'. Sometimes all my muscles are so sore I cannot move without pain! I was like that today, so I stayed home from work and slept for 12 hours. I woke up at 2 this afternoon!! I got up and started my laundry and other menial chores, and went to make my bed and there they were! Right in my spot, and looking as lazy as anything can be!! My two lazy cats! Geeze, but they have a good life! They have no worries except that I might sleep in and they won't get fed by 7:00am!
I have some pain pills for days like this, but I find I look forward to the pills and take one for the effect. Hydrocodone 5/500. The doctor gives me 40 at a time and I save them for a time when I really need them. They do not cure the problem, they just hide the pain, or let you live with the pain and not care. I am an alcoholic, therefore I need to be very careful with pills like that! Yes, I take the pills, no I don't abuse them! Some alcoholics claim I should change my sobriety date if I take the pills. My first sponsor told me to throw them away! I am an alcoholic, not a martyr! Hogwash! I take them as the doctor prescribes, in fact I take them LESS than the doctor prescribes, therefore I still have 18 years sobriety. I did not take a pill today. I will however take them when I start training again, as I know that after a day riding in the bus sideways with new drivers stopping abrupty, will jar my back around and make me sore. Maybe not. I might get by without them. One day at a time here.
I see the temperature has dropped 7 degrees in an hour, so I must brace for that Arctic blast coming down the Frasier River Valley from Canada!
Everyone stay warm and safe now!!
Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one?