Sunday, July 04, 2004

Happy Fourth!!

I just had a marvelous day. My sister and her weird friend Bob, my brother and his wife Sherry and my 87 year old neighbor came over for a BBQ at my house. I cooked teriyaki steak strips and we had baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, rainier cherries, fresh veggies, and three bean salad. For dessert was a real treat! I got bananaas and you slit them down one long side and open it up with the peel making it into a boat. Then you can sprinkle your choice on it, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, crushed pineapple, peanut butter, toffee chips, and top it off with miniature marshmallows, then wrap it up in reynolds wrap, and put it on a hot grill and close the lid and let it cook about 15 miniutes or until the works are melted. Then you eat it with a spoon. What a treat!! I used the bold print mixture. Try it next time you want a treat over the campfire or in the back yard!!
Hope everyone had a great 4th!!

Joke of the day:
A Blonde, speeding on I-81, was being chased by a Blonde Tennessee State Trooper.
After a 30 minute pursuit, the Trooper managed to get the Blonde to pull over.
"License and registration" the Blonde Trooper toned sternly to the Blonde driver.
The Blonde nervously rummaged through her purse for her license. Fumbling with her compact, she opened it and with a sigh of relief handed it to the impatient Blonde Trooper.
Several minutes passed when the Trooper returned to the Blondes car, handed her the compact and explained. "Honey, if I had known you were a cop too, I
wouldn't have pulled you over."

No comments: