Friday, January 23, 2004

The "King"

After reading Becky's blog I saw this in an email and couldn't resist posting it!!
It sounds like something I said to my EX-husband!! hahahaha

The " KING"
I was tired of being bossed around by my wife; so I went to a
psychiatrist. The psychiatrist said I needed to build my self-
esteem, and so he gave me a book on assertiveness, which I read
on the way home. I finished the book by the time I reached my house.
I stormed into the house and walked up to my wife. Pointing a finger in her face, and said, "From now on, I want you to know that *I* am the man of this house, and my word is law! I want you to prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm finished eating my meal, I expect a sumptuous dessert afterwards. Then, after dinner, you're going to draw me my bath so I can relax. And, when I'm finished with my bath, guess who's going to dress me and comb my hair?"

"The funeral director," she said.

My poor EX-husband was so frustrated in our marriage (as was I). I was his 4th wife and he is now on #5. His mom was like Edith, and his dad was like Archie Bunker. Woman does woman's work. Men sit back and wait for the dinner then gets out of the way so woman can clean up. Man can go out when he wants, and woman had better by gosh have dinner ready when man comes home!!
Well I was making a roast and at 5pm it was a PERFECT medium rare. Larry wasn't home yet and didn't call as usual. So I pulled the roast out of the oven, cut it in half and put the other half in the oven to keep hot for MAN when he comes home for dinner!! I was in bed when MAN came home hungry at 2:00am. I giggled as I heard him open the oven and get his hot dinner out. His half of the roast had cooked down to the size of a baseball I guess and hard as a rock!!! I kept the oven at 300 degrees all night!! Served him right!!
HAHAHAHAHA I never made it as his woman!! I tried for 13 years and decided I was better off by myself than trying to please the MAN!! Now if he did his share and was rich I probably would've tried harder, but I was working a fulltime job during the entire marriage.
I am content now and single for almost 17 years, and working on retirement form my career!!

It is FRIDAY!!!! YAHOOO!!! I can stay up real late tonight and sleep 'til I want to tomorrow!!!
Later, folks!!