Thursday, January 08, 2004

DUI

I was just reading an article from kiro news "weird headlines" about a disabled man wheeling himself down the street in his wheelchair, with an open bottle of beer and an open bottle of whiskey! He was issued a DUI!!! Now doesn't that beat it all!!! It was a motorized wheelchair, so they issued the ticket!! It was later dropped, and he was fined $100.00 for other costs. Now that would be MY luck!!
I know a guy that was given a warning for riding his bike (that's bicicle, Don) too fast down a hill in a 25 MPH zone by a policeman using his outside speakers!! Now can you imagine riding your bicicle down a hill enjoying the wind blowing in your face and all of a sudden a loud voice tells you to slow down!!??? Egads, that would scare the poop right outa me!! "Yes, God, I hear you!! I will slow down!!
I guess if you are going to travel on a road no matter what means, you gotta abide by the rules, huh?!!?