Saturday, December 20, 2003

Laid back Saturday

Today I am going NOWHERE!! Well maybe to the Post Office to check the mail, but that is it!! I am staying home and cleaning house and finish my kitchen goodies!! It is 44 degrees and partly sunny and breezy. I am having my family over for Christmas Eve snacks, so I better be sure I have all the makings!! I like to make teriyaki meatballs, barbecue cocktail weenies, sliced smoked turkey (the carcass boils down to a great soup!!) Guacamole dip, clam dip, Blue Cheese dip, (with chips of course). I might make some little spinach pies, sliced vintage white extra sharp cheddar cheese, sliced apples, and variety of greek olives (if I don't eat them all first). I am a midnight bandit for olives and dill pickles!! I wake up in the middle of the night craving dill pickles!! I let ice cream crystalize in my freezer, cakes go stale, but the pickles and olives I buy by the gallons!!
I still have a bit of a cold and am tired. I think I will make a big pot of chili and sprinkle some of that aged ceddar cheese on it. NUM!!!
You all have a great Saturday!!!! Save some money fo next week!!