Thursday, December 04, 2003

And yet another storm!!

Well we are expecting yet another blast of wind tomorrow!! We had 80 mph winds at the foothills today causing alot of power outages and wind damage, but it was calm here until this evening, and it got a little blustery. But tomorrow we are supposed to get hit. Now I am grateful that I am no longer in the Fire Department!! I can sit in my nice warm house and listen to my police scanner calling out the fire department for chimney fires, trees down, aid calls, etc. I answered every call for 15 years, and quit about three years ago. It took me awhile to get used to the fact that I am not in the department anymore, but I am comfortable now. It was time to back down and let the healthy young studs take over!! I am an adrenaline junkie, and enjoyed running around the countryside chasing ambulances and fire trucks, but now I can put my energies into something else. I have no trouble finding things to keep me busy!! My sister and I seem to DO TOO MUCH!!! And neglect ourselves!! I still am called in on emergencies, so keep my nose in the system. Well it is time for me to shower and get ready to watch ER!!! Love the blood and guts!!!