Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Step two summary

When I walked through the doors of alcoholics anonymous I had no idea what was going to happen to me. I believed in God and Jesus but I never had them "in my life". I just knew they were there. I had my doubts from time to time. When I had my stillborn in 1970 a priest turned his back on me when I asked for help. He was in the hospital room praying over a gal and her husband that just experienced a miscarriage. I was a single gal 21 years old so I must've been a harlot in his eyes. I asked him if he could pray with me and he said no and left. It made me feel so filthy and worthless. I continued on my drinking rampage for 17 more years.
When I surrendered to AA I was told I needed to "work the steps". It took me two years to get serious about the steps, but I finally got to it. It was easy until I got to step three. Giving my will and my life over to the care of God as I understood Him. Whew! Giving up my will? How the heck can I do that?

We will get to step three in a day or two.

A few people have emailed me asking about these steps so I do know you are reading them. This is a free gift, and quite valuable if you work them! Do yourself a favor!

No comments: