Saturday, August 18, 2007

Another parade!

Well I sure get the fun jobs! We had another parade here on the Island today. The Island County Fair in Langley. The entire route was only about 1/4 of a mile.

Phil, one of our newest drivers wanted to go, so I let him drive and showed him how to "ham it up" for the crowds.
Saranell, one of our C.A.C. members would get out of the bus, go in front and gesture to the bus to "kneel" then Phil would lower the bus to to the pavement.

The kids really loved it! The little boys were fascinated by it.
After the parade we parked the bus and ate our way through the fair. I had BBQ ribs (Nummy and greasy) and a funnell cake (really sweet and greasy), then went back home. I was home at 1:30 then took a long nap. Now I am wide awake at midnight and heartburn from all that nummy greasy food!

I have been totally exhausted for the past few weeks. Probably because of the sinus infection then two weeks of Augmentin. (Plus a full week of fun and activities with my 40 year class reunion)!!

I hope that horrid storm misses land and fizzles out in the Gulf!

Something to know:

Have a Sunburn? - empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water.