Wednesday, August 08, 2007

AA Across the water

I went to Port Townsend today with Jane, a friend of mine. Here she is standing by the life boats just in case!
We are approaching Port Townsend here.
Across the street is the ALANO Club for Alcoholics Anonymous. I went to the noon meeting and met alot of new people. I used to run to the nearest local pub in every town I visited, now I visit all the AA halls. The people are the same only in AA they are sober.
And here is the meeting room waiting for all of us alkies to come and share our stories. We studied step 9 today. "Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. (That is another post).


As we were crossing the Strait I was thinking of Ellen and the time she went whale watching up by Vancvouver Island. My heart goes out to her and her adoring Hillbilly husband Curtis. Ellen is fighting the fight of her life right now with cancer. She needs all the prayers she can get. She went into a hospice place yesterday where she can get 24/7 nursing care. If you have the time, pop over to her sight http://headlint.blogspot.com/ and say hello. Her husband reads her blog to her every night.
God Bless you Ellen. I'm praying for you.