Thursday, June 01, 2006

FRIDAY!!


Ah, Tomorrow is Friday, and that means I will get off work a little early and pack my car and head out for two days and two nights!!
I am going to a Women's Church retreat !!
I have never ever been to anything like this in my life! If someone told me 19 years ago that I would be divorced, sober, attending AA meetings and working for a transit company training people to drive a 35 foot bus for 19 years and playing the Conga drum in my Church, taking Disciple lessons, involved in three Bible studies and looking forward to going to a Women's Church Retreat for two days and two nights, I would've slit my throat! But you know what?
I am LOVING it!!
I asked my little friend Chris to come feed my cats and empty the catbox Saturday and Sunday. There is NO WAY I'd ask Mary Lou to come do it after I couldn't help her paint her house or mow her yard. Nope, no way. Although she would do it without a word. She is good for that. She is always here when we need some help, and I feel bad that I was working 12 hour days and couldn't help her when she needed me!
So as usual, you will not hear from me for a few days. I will be away from phones, television, cell phones and computers!
NANNER NANNER, NANNER!!

God Himself does not propose
to judge a man until he is dead. So why should you?