Tuesday, June 20, 2006


Well I have been B-U-S-Y the past few days.
I won't get into details, but a friend of mine from Church found herself needing a place to live. A friend of hers has an old camper tht fits on a truck out in the woods, and she had been staying there for three nights. No electricty, water or toilet. I told her if she helped me clean out my spare room, that she could stay there until she could get on her feet. We looked at the room and I think we both were thinking that it might not happen soon. A bunch of us helped her move her things from her apartment and put it in a storage unit on Saturday. After Church on Sunday I went home and looked at my room and started moving things around, tossing out boxes, rearranging things, and called the manager of the storage units and asked how much a small unit would cost. She said $17.50 for a 5x5. I have a big work table I got from a store close out, and it is 4 1/2 feet wide, and I have boxes of stained glass materials. So I paid for two months and decided to store it away until I can find someone that can use it or sell it.
In two hours the room was cleaned out except for my two walls of shelves. There is room for her queen size bed and a dresser. I opened about a third of the closet for her. Now she has a safe warm place to stay that has electricity and running water and a flushing toilet.
I told her she can stay here until she finds enough work to support herself and save some money to move in a new apartment. She said it might be a few months, but I said that is ok. We both talked about setting boundaries and to talk things out if things were bothering us. And my number one rule.....let me know where you are and about when you will return. I like to know if I should just go to bed or wait up for her. It is just courtesy for each person in a household to let each other know what the other is doing.
Tonight Brian and Chris came over and brought a cousin Tabitha and Brians sister Paula. They are getting so tall! Chris will be about 6'5" when he is through growing. I think he is about 5'10" now and he is only 12! Brian is about 5'5" and 11 years old. The girls are 14 & 15. We were sitting here and talking and Brian was cutting up and we all laughed until we cried (or peed our pants).
We were asking how many kids are in his family and he said they have a younger sister and maybe a brother on the way. We all looked at him with questioning eyes and he said "Well I can hear mom at night..." then he shut up and we all burst into laughter!
Well I am getting tired and ready for bed.
GOD is good!

"I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life."

Oh yeah, it is nineteen years ago today that I took my last drink!
The longest day of the year....Happy Summer Solstice!!