Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hump day tomorrow!


I was out in my backyard yesterday pulling some weeds that have found a way to grow on top of my gravel!! Behind one of my Lavender plants is this beautiful double oriental poppy! I have never planted poppies, so some bird flew by and deposited the seeds!! I just hope the druggies down the street don't find them and pick the pods for opium!!

Well speaking of drugs, this is my catnip plant that I planted a few weeks ago. I have to put a cage around it to keep the cats out!
<Well speaking of druggies, here they are acting like nothing is going on. just walking around the yard sniffing rocks! Yeah, right!!

Well lookie here, what do we have in the catnip?? Looks like some cat decided to make a nest in the plant!! Yep!! That rascal Elliott!! I'm sure Punkin talked him into it! I could not sleep last night so I got up around 4:00 and went to sit at my computer, and I sat right on that cat! Now I am not small, so you'd think he'd howl!! Nope, I didn't even wake him up!! I jumped up and turned to pick him up and he was all limp!! I thought oh no, I killed him!! I shook him and his head was lolling around, then all of a sudden he blinked his eyes and looked at me and said "Yowl" then he started purring! The danged cat was high on Catnip!!
Sheesh, and here I couldn't sleep!! Maybe tonight I'll make me some catnip tea before bed!! I'll let you know how it works.

Police in Oakland CA spent two hours attempting to subdue a gunman who had barricaded himself inside his home. After firing ten tear gas canisters, officers discovered that the man was standing beside them in the police line shouting, "Please come out and give yourself up!" WHAAA????