Friday, December 09, 2005

Watoto



Posted by Picasa
I saw this group Wed night.
Watoto means "the children" in Uganda, Africa. They are orphans because of the Aids virus. Some of these orphans were found on the street wandering, or rescued from horrible abuse situations. They have lived a nightmare!! The Orphanage is raising money for houses for them. One mother will have 8 children in her small home. Go to their website to read about them.
I cried through half of the concert. They are FULL of energy bouncing around that stage yelling out their chants.
I signed up to sponsor a girl. Ok Leslie, between you and I we are going to help the world!! HAHAHAHA
If you ever get the chance to see these children, do yourself a great favor and go see them!! There is no charge for the concert, but they do pass the basket and then have a table to "sponsor" children if you'd like. (I liked). If I could, I would've taken two home with me right then and there!! Someone said I had no room for them, but heck, they have nothing now, my place would be a MANSION to them!
They were GREAT!!

The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our
entire life, is ourselves.
LIVE while you are alive.