Monday, December 05, 2005

Injured Seagull

 


While I was out training some new Drivers, I came across an injured seagull.

The poor gal had a wing broken nearly off, and she was hobbling around. We saw an immature eagle swoop down to get her, and she hobbled to a log. Well I couldn't sit there and watch, so I grabbed my camera and jumped off the bus to try and save her. Of course I couldn't get near her, but I got pretty close and started yelling at the eagle! The eagle started to dart at me then decided I was a bit too big to pick on, so he flew away to the nearest telephone pole.
I called the police department to report it to the wildlife resuers, and they were too busy to call around and they told me that the animal control was off today.
So I decided to call my sister to see if she could call around for help because I didn't have a phone book. I guess I woke her up, because she sounded drousy, and when I told her the story, she chuckled and hung up! Hmmmpppfff! Fine, she feeds all those cute little critters in her back yard, but she wouldn't come help a poor injured seagull! In her defense I talked with her tonight and she said she fell asleep this afternoon and dreamt that I called her and told her there was a sick bird or something like that. When I told her, she felt bad.

In the picture you can barely see the Eagle right at the top of the tree lin hovering to swoop down to the seagull. Posted by Picasa

Forgive now those who made you cry.
You might not get a second time.