Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving Leftovers

Does anyone have their favorite leftover turkey recipes they want to share? Or for that matter, what are your favorite Thanksgiving recipes???
I'm taking a spiral ham to my sister's, and I am to bring the sweet potatoes (which nobody likes) and deviled eggs.
I like to make the deviled eggs mixing the yokes with mayonnaise, dry mustard, a dab of rice wine vinegar, a wee sprinkle of curry powder, salt, pepper and celery salt.

My sweet potato casserole is:

Filling
3 Cups cooled mashed sweet potatoes
1 Cup Splenda for Baking (I cut calories when I can)
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/3 Cup Milk
Topping
1 Cup Brown Sugar (no substitute yet)
1/2 Cup Flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
1/3 Cup Butter
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts

Mix separately.
Pour filling greased baking dish
cover with topping
bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degree oven.

This tastes more like a dessert than a vegetable.

I might try a new one:
layer cooked and sliced sweet potatoes with peeled and cut tart apples, 1/2 cup diced dried apricots, 1/2 cup crushed pineapple w/juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar, sprinkle a little lime juice and zest and sprinkle top with bread crumbs.
Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees.

Anyone have any better ideas?

PASSING
SCHOOL
ZONE
TAKE
IT
SLOW
LET
OUR
LITTLE
SHAVERS
GROW

Burma Shave