Tuesday, March 23, 2004

"The Passion of the Christ"

I feel the need to reflect on the movie I saw tonight.
I went to Bellingham for a doctor's visit and on the way home stopped to see the movie "The Passion of the Christ". It was a 3:00 showing and there were only 8 of us in the theater. I sat clear in the back so I could let my emotions flow. I am a Christian and have heard alot about the movie so I had an clear idea of what I was going to see. Yes there was alot of blood and violence. But that is what is was about. Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. He sacrificed himself to save the souls of all who believe in him. The movie was also about a mother's love of her son. She stood by him throughout the entire time he was being tortured. I cried for her pain. I cried for His pain too, but I hurt for her. She was helpless and had to watch Him endure the torture. There were a few spots in the movie that I thought were rather over emphasized, but all in all I think it is a great movie giving the Christian Faith an idea of what Jesus Christ really did for us. How many people would scrifice themselves for what they believe in? I feel stronger in my Faith now. I am very humbled. And I also feel very thankful for Jesus.

Now for a footnote: Thank you to all the military people, police, firefighters etc that put their lives in danger to give us freedom, safety and protection!! I cannot say thank you enough.

On the way out of the theater the sky was cloudy and a raindrop hit my face. I looked up and through a spot in the clouds the sun was shining through. It gave me a very peaceful feeling. I looked up and said "Thank you Jesus". As I was driving home I realized that is was March 23rd. My son that was stillborn was born 34 years ago today. Maybe that is why I felt sorry for Mary in the movie.
Whew!