Monday, March 08, 2004

Frogs

What is the "magic" about March 8th?
I never noticed the frogs coming out before. I was driving the bus once about 16 years ago and was driving by a pond and noticed the noise coming from it. Frogs singing their hearts out, the first I heard that year!! It was March 8th. I noticed the date, and then I never put another thought to it. The next year on March 8th I was driving by that same pond and sure enough the frogs were singing their hearts out!! The first I heard all year. I have told a few people and they just look at me and say "ok". They don't think it is weird at all. Well tonight I was coming home from a Youth Coalition Meeting and as I was coming in the door my phone rang. A friend of mine was all excited and said she can hear the frogs from her pond for the first time this year, and it is March 8th!! I had forgot about it being March 8th, and didn't think of the frogs, but she remembered me mentioning it last year, and just had to call me!! I went out on my porch, and sure enough, they are singing their hearts out!!
How do they know??????

A parting funny for all you cat lovers!

BATHING THE CAT

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add the required amount of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him toward the bathroom. (Yeah, right, like Bilbo wouldn't notice)!!

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need Carl to stand on the lid.

4.The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet; the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and "rinse."

6. Have someone open the door to the outside. Be sure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean!

-----Always here to give you the best of tested advice in difficult
times....

Sincerely,
The Dog