Sunday, March 07, 2004

Iditarod 2004

Well The annual Iditarod race begins tomorrow from Willow, Alaska.
I love the Iditarod race. It brings adventure to me. I love to read books about Alaska and have dreamed of living there. I am 55 years old now and my health is not as good as it was 10 years ago, so my dream will be just that. A dream. I will drive there in a year or two for a vacation, but I have a good job here, and cannot give up a sure thing with retirement and medical.
My long term plan will be retire here in 2014 and draw retirement and be on Medicare. Then I will go to Alaska in May and drive a tour bus until October. I have contact with the company and they say anytime I want a job, to call. They pay minimum and no benefits. They hire college students and the drivers rely on tips for extra money. I am a people person and bartended for many years, so I would enjoy that job. Ya gotta have a dream!!
Well speaking of dreams, it is time for bed!! Nitey Nite!!