Sunday, July 22, 2007

It got a little breezy last night.....YA THINK??!!

I heard the wind last night then heard the old canopy flapping in the wind. I figured I'd have a few rips this morning, but had no idea I'd wake up to this! Luckily I had searched online for a replacement canopy in case this one bit the dust and it arrived Thursday!
So, I came home from Church today and put it on. It is a bit tight, but will loosen up when it rains (I hope). I spend alot of time under that canopy during the hot days (and rainy days).
I think I like the beige color better. It makes it look brighter. I might buy another one for back-up in beige.

Last night I was the guest speaker at the AA Hall in Oak Harbor. I have spoken before, but each time I get nervous at the last minute. I'm always afraid I will say the wrong thing, or talk too much about God (which alot of AA folks don't like). But it is a huge part of my story and the reason I am still sober today. I told my story in half an hour leaving out quite a few things but I think it went ok. There were only about 20 people there so it wasn't a huge crowd, but sometimes 10 people seem like a huge crowd.
Any way, I did it so there. Nothing in my life is a secret, so I tell it all and hope it reaches someone. I truly believe that if my story can help someone else get sober then it was worth it! My drinking career was fun while it lasted, but then my years in sobriety are more fun! Yes Virginia, there is life after sobriety!
Well Sunday is about over with. I napped today for two hours and ready to head back to bed. I am, feeling MUCH MUCH better, but am still tired from it all. Bronchitis drains you! I am off the antibiotics, so this week should be normal (however normal can be in my life).
I hope everyone has a marvelous week!

"The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job, but if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it.
At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house."
--Jeff Foxworthy
hehehehe I like that one!! hehehehe