Saturday, July 07, 2007

I went to a wedding!

Today was the most popular day ever for weddings, being 7-7-07. My good friend Tina was one of them. I have known her since she was in diapers, and have been a part of their family all these years. They met me when I was a bartender, married and a drunk. Her mother Debbie actually got me attending the Church I go to now. I liked the idea of Church on a Saturday night and the short sermons. Well we started a branch of the Church here in Coupeville two years ago and we only have one service and it is on Sunday morning at 10:00am. Oh well.
Any way, back to the wedding....
It was held at a farm in a huge barn and it was so romantic! Jason sang a love song of promise to her during the service.
This is Tina and her mother Debbie. Debbie is in her 50's, and doesn't look a bit over 40! I hate her. No really, I HATE her!
Hahahahaha just kidding. I love her like a sister. We have been through alot together. They asked me if I would bartend at the wedding, and of course I told them I would be honored to! I know, you all are thinking Geeze, Phyllis just celebrated 20 years of sobriety, and she is going to bartend??! Yep, I sure did. It was only wine, but the smell started getting to me after awhile. It was hard when people would ask what wine was sweet or dry. I gave them samples to taste. I must've uncorked 100 bottles of wine and champagne. There were over 150 people there. Everything went well, but I had to leave at 8:30 cause I was just too darned POOPED! On my feet for 3 hours and dancing behind the bar most of the time.

I aint young no more! I had a great time, and will do it again if asked. I used to love bartending. I was always in conversations with people and laughing the entire time. Well tomorrow is a day to REST and rest I will.

How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to
become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?